Thursday 17 May 2018

Building a Sweet $1000 Surround Sound System | Setup & Review

SUBSCRIBE for more freshness ► together a quality 5.1 surround sound home theater system is not the easiest thing in the world. So I thought I’d do a video to review a little about what goes into piecing one together.

Here are links to everything discussed in this video:

Denon Receiver - 5.1 - Speaker wire - managment box - cable - mounts - HDMI cables - speakers - - audio - wirestrippers - this video I discuss some of the things to consider when choosing a receiver and 5.1 speaker system along with the various accessories you might need along the way. I also go over some of the basic setup and install process as well.

This is mainly for those that are in the $1000-1200 range, so there were certain limitations especially when considering space and looks, and this setup was for a nice living room, where we didn’t’ want huge speakers dominating the room.

Also for this size budget I prefer sticking to a good 5.1 (or 5.2) system, rather than trying to find a budget dolby atmos system, which really demands that you get larger speakers to take advantage of or to really be worth the extra cost.

In my opinion a 7.1 system isn’t really worth it, and besides we used the extra channels to power some outdoor speakers to play on their back deck.

In the end this system worked awesome and I think it’s the best surround sound system we could put together given the constraints.

My friends and I were very happy with the results, and we’ve enjoyed a lot of movies on this system and they no longer have to rock a little Bluetooth speaker when having parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment